UTRAN Protocols and Procedures
Duration: 3 days
Number of participants: recommended minimum 4, maximum 12
The course presents in-depth look at the selected protocols and procedures in UTRAN. During first part of the training students will learn about signalling protocols in UTRAN along with organisation of transport layers. In the second part the selected procedures will be shown and discussed. Course consists of following subjects:
Part I – Protocols:
- Basic concepts introduction
- Uu interface protocol stack (RRC, PDCP, RLC, MAC)
- Iub, Iur and Iu protocol stacks overview
- NBAP, RNSAP and RANAP functions overview
- ALCAP – functions and its role in UTRAN
- Frame Protocols and Iu UP – types, functions
Part II – Procedures:
- Description and clarification of chosen elementary RRC, NBAP, RNSAP and RANAP procedures
- Flow cases building/discussion (“Real network” flows analysis)
The training has been designed for an engineers who want to acquire in-depth knowledge about UTRAN access stratum protocols and procedures or want to improve/refresh their skill of L3 signalling flows analysis.
The course requires the basic knowledge about UMTS network – especially UTRAN access network. Prior to this “UMTS – between 2G and 4G ” or “Start with UMTS” course completion is suggested.
Training was created as a lecture with hands on training (drawing message flows).