Reach out IPv6
Time duration: 3 days
Number of Participants: recommended minimum 4, maximum 10
The main objective of the course is to prepare participants to work with new Internet Protocol version, which is at the dawn era. The course includes smooth wandering from most important tasks related to the IPv6 to the troubleshooting of major problems in IPv6 world. Besides the presentation of IPv6 basics, participants will learn the aspects of security, QoS, interworking with IPv4 and typical implementations in the operators’ domain. Course consists of following subjects:
- Requirements for new network protocol, limitations of IPv4 and benefits of IPv6
- IPv6 packet format, addressing, major features of IPv6 (e.g. new traffic class anycast)
- Message format and features of additional protocols (ICMPv6, NDP, MLD, DHCPv6)
- Cooperation of IPv4 and IPv6 – dual stack mechanism, tunnelling, address translation
- IPv6 Services (e.g. Mobility and IPv6 address portability)
- Security in IPv6 environment (IPsec, IKE, hash mechanisms)
- Network operators’ support and implementations of IPv6 (optionally also of MPLS and 6PE, 6VPE)
- Network migration strategies from IPv4 to IPv6
- Practical configuration and network cases analysis – lab exercise
Course is intended for employees from different teams and departments, mostly for network engineers, system architects or software developers. Design and maintenance teams working with IPv6 and VoIP services will be most beneficial.
Knowledge of following topics is highly recommended: architecture and functionality of the telecommunication networks, used protocols, addressing and routing in packet networks. Courses to be taken before this one : “TCP/IP Overview”.
Training was created as a lecture with hands on training with practical exercises, case stories, for maximum assimilation of information.