Introduction to SIP
Duration: 1 day
Number of participants: recommended minimum 4, maximum 12
The course offers a comprehensive overview of SIP protocol functionality. During the course participants will acquire technical background on SIP’s benefits and performance, including message format, sessions procedures, security or reliability over packet network. Participants will learn the structure of the (IMS) network where SIP is used as well as will be ready to design sophisticated services from application server’s point of view. Course includes following subjects:
- SIP history and introduction
- Basic network architecture and SIP functions
- SIP messages: method and response format
- SDP protocol format, offer/answer model and usage in SIP
- SIP functional entities: servers, clients and user agents (e.g. B2BUA)
- Registrations, user identification (URI, URL), proxies and message routing
- SIP session and basic call flow
- SIP interworking with legacy networks
The course is intended for telecom professionals working with hardware and software design, system engineering, testing and verification. Other specialist from network planning, operations and maintenance engineers or technical sales representatives will be beneficial as well.
The course will be more beneficial for engineers familiar with basic knowledge of telecom networks, TCP/IP like and IMS. For background knowledge, we recommend “IMS Overview” course.
Training was created as a lecture with exercises and review on training.